I`ve been obsessed with salmon tartare for the past year. It`s light, tasty and melts in your mouth. The picture above was taken at a restaurant in old Terrebonne and I thought the presentation was perfect for summer. I loved the orchid they served it with (that I ate by the way!). Recently I decided to make some at home to surprise my boyfriend and he was delighted! Here is the recipe that I used:
- 75 and 100 g of salmon for sushi (without skin) per person. For the main course, provide 150 to 200 g per person.
- A bit of chopped red onion
- A few chopped capers
- A bit of finely grated lemon zest
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh herbs to taste (thyme, chives…)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Using a knife, remove the sides of the salmon and brown edges if necessary. Cut the salmon fillet into tiny pieces, place in a bowl and add all the ingredients of tartare. Adjust seasoning to taste.
I use a small measuring cup to add the tartare in a circular pile on each plate and I serve it with slices of toasted french bread.
* Note: I add a little bit of dijon mustard and put more capers in my tartare.
Thank you À la di Stasio for this wonderful recipe.